AACP Walmart Annual Conference Scholarship Program
This year, the AACP Walmart Annual Conference Scholarship Program will support up to 85 student-faculty pairs with a $1,000 scholarship to support registration and other meeting expenses for the student to attend and participate in the AACP Annual Meeting and Seminars.
Graduate students, professional student pharmacists, residents, and fellows, along with their faculty mentors, are eligible to apply for the travel scholarships. A faculty mentor may only apply with one mentee.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a professional pharmacy degree program or graduate program at an AACP member institution,
- Applicants be an individual member of AACP.
- Have a strong interest in enhancing their preparation for a career in academic pharmacy.
- Have a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
Awardees must provide a final report, with appropriate recognition to Walmart and AACP, on their experience after the annual meeting and no later than Aug. 1, 2014.
Some preference is given to residents, fellows and final year students. Students early in their pharmacy careers should not be discouraged from applying, as a small number of outstanding first- and second-year students are selected each year. Additionally, an attempt is made to balance the number of award recipients per institution as much as possible.
The deadline for applications is 5 p.m. EST Aug. 14, 2014.