Walgreens Diversity & Inclusion Excellence Scholarship
This scholarship is available to all pharmacy students enrolled at the Texas A&M Rangel College of Pharmacy that meet the eligibility requirements written below.
Number of Awards and Award Amount
One $2,000 scholarship.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Embrace and promote diversity and inclusion awareness initiatives on campus.
- Not be a previous recipient of the Walgreens Diversity Scholarship.
Additionally, preference will be given to a current Walgreens employee and, if selected for the award, the applicant should consent to releasing his or her name and photo for use by Walgreens by completing a Media Talent Release form (to be completed upon award notification).
1. An essay explaining how you have made significant efforts toward raising awareness or playing an active role in educating others about diversity and inclusion related matters impacting the pharmacy profession.
2. A letter of recommendation from a pharmacist or faculty member
3. An application.
The supporting documents may be uploaded to the application, submitted via email as a PDF to email@example.com, or mailed in a sealed envelope to:
Pharmacy Scholarship Committee
Texas A&M Health Science Center
Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy
Office of Student Affairs
Kleberg Hall, Room 140
1010 W. Avenue B, MSC 131
Kingsville, Texas 78363
Please submit your application and supporting materials by Jan. 30, 2015. Scholarship recipients will be notified in late February or early March.