Texas Pharmacy Foundation Luther & Mary Ann Parker award
The Texas Pharmacy Foundation has opened the TPF Luther & Mary Ann Parker award for $1,000.
- Open to student entering their fourth (P4) professional year in the fall of 2014.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a scale of 4.0 in required courses.
- Applicant must be a student member of Texas Pharmacy Association (TPA).
- Applicants must a resume and write a one-page essay on why the scholarship is needed, how the funds are to be used, and what their future goals are as a pharmacist.
- A letter of recommendation from a pharmacist member of TPA.
- TPA application
Submit application to the Office of Student Affairs by May 29, 2014. Applications will be forwarded to the Awards, Honors, and Scholarships Committee, which will select two applications for the TPF Scholarship Selection Committee to consider. The TPF Scholarship Selection Committee will then evaluate the applications.
- Students will be judged on scholarship, need and the potential to become a leader for Texas pharmacy, as demonstrated by involvement in pharmacy school and community activities.
Scholarship winners will be recognized during the TPA Annual Conference & Expo, July 31 – August 2, 2014 at the Embassy Suites Hotel & Convention Center, 1001 E. McCarty Lane, San Marcos, Texas.