Texas Pharmacy Foundation
The Texas Pharmacy Foundation scholarship is open to professional student pharmacists pursuing a career in pharmacy at an accredited school or college of pharmacy in Texas. The 2014 award is $1,000.
- Open to pharmacy students entering their second (P2), third (P3) and fourth (P4) professional years in the Fall 2014.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a scale of 4.0 in required courses.
- Applicants must be a student member of TPA.
- Applicants must submit a resume and write a one-page essay on why the scholarship is needed, how the funds are to be used and what their future goals are as a pharmacist.
- A letter of recommendation from a pharmacist member of TPA.
- TPA application
Submit application to the Office of Student Affairs by May 29, 2014. Applications will be forwarded to the Awards, Honors, and Scholarships Committee, which will select two applications for the TPF Scholarship Selection Committee to consider. The TPF Scholarship Selection Committee will then evaluate the applications.
- Students will be judged on scholarship need, and the potential to become a leader for Texas pharmacy, as demonstrated by involvement in pharmacy school and community activities.
Scholarship winners will be recognized during the TPA Annual Conference & Expo, July 31 – Aug. 2, 2014, at the Embassy Suites Hotel & Convention Center, 1001 E. McCarty Lane, San Marcos, Texas.