Mission & Goals
The mission of the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences is to provide exemplary teaching, research and service in the pharmaceutical sciences. The department offers an excellent education and training program through an integrated curriculum designed to develop lifelong learners who are independent and competent pharmacists. The department is committed to strong, integrated and cross-disciplinary biomedical research programs in translational research aimed at facilitating drug discovery and development as well as creating novel drug delivery systems. Other faculties perform research that evaluates pharmaceutical treatment paradigms as well as health-related service outcomes. Through these efforts, the department is dedicated to advancing pharmacy practice and pharmaceutical research.
- Increase and improve the overall quality of biomedical research in the Pharmaceutical Sciences Department
- Recruit and retain a distinguished and diverse faculty and staff
- Develop and maintain a vital, supportive and collegial research environment.
- Increase awareness of the contributions made by the department to health-related issues of regional and global importance.
- Participate actively in Texas A&M University Health Science Center research activities such as the Biopharmaceutical Consortium, the One Health initiative and activities of the Center for the Epigenetic & Disease Prevention
- Strengthen the scientific, economic and societal impact of the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences' discoveries, innovations and achievements.
- Establish collaborative research projects within the Texas A&M Health Science Center (One Health, Center for Epigenetics & Disease Prevention) and with industry.
- File patent applications to secure intellectual property.
- Continue to improve the quality of teaching and develop innovative approaches to classroom instruction and student assessment
- Develop and implement a PhD program in the Pharmaceutical Sciences