IPPE and APPE Rotation Sites
Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPE)
An early exposure to pharmacy practice comprised of 12 (8.5-hour) longitudinal site visits once a week during the fall and spring academic semesters starting in your second year. IPPEs are completed within a two-hour radius of each campus.
Kingsville campus regions
- Kingsville area including Alice, Aransas Pass, Corpus Christi, Falfurrias, Robstown and Sinton
- Rio Grande Valley A area including Edinburg, McAllen and Mission
- Rio Grande Valley B area including Brownsville, Harlingen, Mercedes, Raymondville and Weslaco
- South of San Antonio area including Jourdanton and Pleasanton
- Victoria area including Beeville, Goliad and Refugio
Bryan-College Station campus regions
- Bryan-College Station area
- East area including Huntsville
- Northwest area including Harker Heights and Killeen
- South area including Brenham
- Southeast A area including Conroe and The Woodlands
- Southeast B area including Cypress, Katy and Tomball
Mini Rotation during P3 year
(One week - 40 hrs.)
The goal of the IPPE mini rotation is to provide an ambulatory learning environment where student pharmacists’ work with patients and other health care professionals to deliver direct patient care. The mission of the Texas A&M Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy highlights the need to develop competent pharmacists to serve and educate patients and increase access to quality health care services. The mini experience takes places in community health centers or ambulatory care clinics at the regions below for both campuses.
- Bryan-College Station Area
- Kingsville area including Alice, Aransas Pass, Corpus Christi, Falfurrias, Robstown and Sinton.
- Dallas-Fort Worth area
- Houston area
- Laredo area including Eagle Pass
- Rio Grande Valley A area including Edinburg, McAllen and Mission.
- Rio Grande Valley B area including Brownsville, Harlingen, Mercedes, Raymondville and Weslaco.
- San Antonio area
- Temple area including Waco and Fort Hood
Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences during P4 year
Advanced exposure to pharmacy practice. Students participate in six, six-week rotations.
Veterinary (Vet med)
*Elective rotations vary from year to year. A complete list of available electives will be provided prior to your P4 year.
- Bryan-College Station
- Corpus Christi
- Rio Grande Valley
- Round Rock