International Student Admission
Texas A&M University defines an international student to be any student who is neither a U.S. Citizen nor a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident. There are multiple items you will need to submit in order for International Student Services to complete your file. This will vary upon your current location and your current immigration status. For admission, submit the following information:
- A complete PharmCAS Application.
- See the PharmCAS website for instructions.
- A complete Supplemental Application.
- The required, nonrefundable Supplemental Application fee of $100 using Touch Net.
- For assistance with Touch Net, call the Office of Student Affairs (361.221.0648).
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended.
- Transcripts are sent directly to PharmCAS. See instructions on the PharmCAS website.
- Official PCAT scores.
- PCAT scores are sent directly to PharmCAS (School Code: 104).
- Unofficial preliminary PCAT scores received from Pearson Education Inc. on the day of the test must be scanned and emailed within 24 hours. Preliminary PCAT scores may also be faxed (361.221.0797).
- PCAT subset scores are reviewed and are important, but only the highest composite score earned is considered.
- PCAT scores more than three years old are not considered.
- Three PharmCAS recommendation forms.
- Two recommendations from college professors.
- One recommendation from an employer, adviser, pharmacist, or college or university administrator (recommendation forms written by mentors or teaching assistants are not accepted).
- Applicants who have not been enrolled in a degree program at a college or university for two years or more must submit three recommendation forms to PharmCAS from a combination of the following categories: professors; pharmacists; other health care professionals (e.g., medicine, nursing, dentistry); or current and previous employers.
- See the PharmCAS school page for further clarification regarding who may submit recommendations.
- Follow the instructions on the PharmCAS website to submit recommendation forms.
- An official copy of each international transcript (native language and certified English translation) describing all academic programs attempted.
- International applicants are also required to submit a foreign credentials transcript evaluation of each transcript. See the list of acceptable credentialing agencies at the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- A degree statement from each international institution attended.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit a TOEFL score of 550 (213 computer based, 80 on the Internet based test) or higher.
- Scores must be sent directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS) to PharmCAS (use code 8246).
- TOEFL scores more than two years old are not accepted.
International applicants who have questions about the process for admission, registration or your specific situation should contact Deborah Zacher (361.221.0644).
International applicants should send required admission materials to:
Texas A&M Rangel College of Pharmacy:
ATTN: Office of Student Affairs
1010 West Avenue B, MSC 131
Kingsville, TX 78363
Note: Your classification as an international student is completely separate from your classification as a resident or non-resident for tuition purposes. Residency status for tuition purposes is dependent upon the length of time you have lived in the state of Texas. Classification as an international student is dependent on your immigration status. Therefore, it is entirely possible that you could be considered a resident for tuition purposes and still be classified as an international student.