Research Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
1010 W. Ave. B
Kingsville, Texas 78363
Education and Training
Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy (2010-2014)
Associate Research Scientist
ILR College of Pharmacy (2008-2010)
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee, College Of Pharmacy (2006-2008)
University of Tennessee, College Of Medicine (2005-2006)
Indian Institute of Technology, India,
Ph.D., Microbial Biotechnology, 2005
Indian Institute of Technology, India,
Masters in Technology, Applied Botany, 2000
- Role of drug transporter proteins in colonic mucosal innate immunity.
- Post-translational modification of drug transporter proteins and its role in Multidrug resistance.
- Kumar N, and Mishra J. A Novel High Throughput Assay for finding new Jak3 Interacting Compounds, Biomolecules, and Inhibitors. U.S. Provisional patent number 61/960652. (Currently under negotiation for licensing)
- Mishra, J., and Kumar, N. (2014) Adapter protein shc regulates Janus kinase 3 phosphorylation. J Biol Chem(Accelerated Publication) 289(23):15951-6 Corresponding author.
- Mishra, J., Verma, R. K., Alpini, G., Meng, F., and Kumar, N. (2013) Role of Janus kinase 3 in mucosal differentiation and predisposition to colitis. J Biol Chem 288, 31795-31806.
- Mishra, J., Drummond, J., Quazi, S. H., Karanki, S. S., Shaw, J. J., Chen, B., and Kumar, N. (2013) Prospective of colon cancer treatments and scope for combinatorial approach to enhanced cancer cell apoptosis. Critical reviews in oncology/hematology 86, 232-250.
- Mishra, J., Waters, C. M., and Kumar, N. (2012) Molecular mechanism of interleukin-2-induced mucosal homeostasis. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 302, C735-747.
- Mishra, J., Karanki, S. S., and Kumar, N. (2012) Identification of molecular switch regulating interactions of Janus kinase 3 with cytoskeletal proteins. J Biol Chem (Accelerated publication )287, 41386-41391.
- Mishra J, Zhang Q and Neudeck B. Activation of TLR-4 receptor increases cell surface P-glycoprotein expression with decreased activity(2008)Drug Metabolism and Disposition Oct;36(10):2145-9,
- Mishra J, Khurana S, Kumar N, Ghosh AK, Das D. Molecular cloning, characterization, and over expression of a novel [Fe]-hydrogenase isolated from a high rate of hydrogen producing Enterobacter cloacae IIT-BT 08(2004). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 324: 679-685.
- Kumar N, Mishra J, Narang VS, Waters CM. Janus Kinase 3 (Jak3) regulates interleukin induced mucosal wound repair through tyrosine phosphorylation of villin.(2007)J Biol Chem (Accelerated publication) .,282(42), 30341-30345/
National Service and Recognition
- National Institutes of Health-Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR/STTR) award (Role: Co-Principal Investigator on University sub-contract)
- Travel Award; Gordon Research Conference
- Travel Award; Academic Skill Workshop organized by AGA Institute and AASLD Institute
- Second Best Poster presenter award Ist Annual Research Colloquium-2010
- DAAD Fellowship; Government of Federal Republic of Germany
- Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Award; India, Delhi
- GI Investigator Development Research Award from ACCP Research Institute
- Laboratory Mentor Award” for Upward Bound Math & Science program from Texas A&M University-Kingsville
- “Certificate of Recognition for chairing the session” in Pharmacovigillence-2013.”
- Awarding agency: OMICS Publishing Group.
- Organizing committee member of International Conferences *Pharmacovigillence-2013, San Antonio, Texas; *Pharmacovigillence-2014, Hyderabad, India; *World Nutraceutical Conference and Expo-2015, Philadelphia, Penn.
Pre-Doctoral Research Scholarship
DAAD Fellowship from Govt. of Federal Republic of Germany
Type: Graduate scholarship to do advance research on hydrogen Biotechnology at Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany (2003-2004)
Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Scholarship, India
Type: Ph.D. scholarship to continue research in India (2002-2003)
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Scholarship
Awarding agency: Department of Biotechnology, Government of India
Type: To persue Master of Technology in Indian Institute Of Technology, India (1998-2001)
Research made simple