M. N. V. Ravi Kumar
Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Mail Stop 1114
310B Reynolds Medical Building
College Station, Texas 77843
Education and Training
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Ph.D., Drug Delivery, 2000
Devi Ahilya Viswha Vidyalaya, India
Master of Science, Applied Chemistry, 1996
Nagarjuna University, India
Bachelor of Science, Physical Sciences, 1992
Working at the interface of Pharmaceutical and biomaterial sciences at the nano- or macro-scale to prevent, manage or treat diseases using drugs or drug like compounds or their combinations.
- Atomic force microscopy images label-free, drug encapsulated nanoparticles in vivo and detects difference in tissue mechanical properties of treated and untreated: A tip for nanotoxicology. D. A. Lamprou, V. Venkatpurwar and M. N. V. Ravi Kumar. PLoS One. 2013, 8: e64490
- Tissue localization of nanoparticles is altered due to hypoxia resulting in poor efficacy of curcumin nanoparticles in pulmonary hypertension, Venkat Ratnam, D., Wadsworth, R. M., Kumar, M. N. V. R. Eur. J. Pharm. Biopharm.2012, 80, 578-584.
- Development and evaluation of polymer nanoparticles for oral delivery of estradiol to rat brain in a model of Alzheimer’s pathology, Mittal, G., Carswell, H., Brett, R., Currie, S., Kumar, M. N. V. R. J. Control. Release, 2011, 150, 220-228.
- Peroral amphotericin B polymer nanoparticles lead to comparable or superior in vivo antifungal activity to that of intravenous Ambisome® or Fungizone™ Italia, J.L., Sharp, A., Carter, K. C., Warn, P., Kumar, M. N. V. R. PLoS One, 2011, 6, e25744.
- Nanoparticles made of multiblock copolymer of lactic acid and ethylene glycol containing periodic side-chain carboxyl groups for oral delivery of cyclosporine A, Ankola, D. D., Battisti, A., Solaro, R., Kumar, M. N. V. R., J. R. Soc. Interface, 2010, 7, 475-481.
- Preparation, characterization and in silico modeling of biodegradable nanoparticles containing Cyclosporine A and Coenzyme Q10, Ankola, D. D., Durbin, E. W., Buxton, G. A., Schäfer, J., Bakowsky, U., Kumar, M. N. V. R., Nanotechnology, 2010, 21, 065104.
- Oral nanoparticulate atorvastatin calcium is more efficient and safe in comparison to Lipicure® in treating hyperlipidemia, Meena, A. K., Venkat Ratnam, D., Chandraiah, G., Ankola, D. D., Rama Rao, P., Kumar, M. N. V. R., Lipids, 2008, 43, 231-241.