E. Paul Holder
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Mail Stop 1114
159 Reynolds Medical Building
College Station, Texas 77843
Education and Training
Specialty Residency Training
Texas A&M Health Science Center, Scott & White Memorial Hospital and The University of Texas at Austin/The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio – Specialty Residency, Drug Information Practice, 1995
The University of Texas at Austin/The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio,
Doctor of Pharmacy, 1994
The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas,
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (with High Honors), 1991
Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas,
Master of Science in Theoretical Physical Chemistry (Summa Cum Laude), 1981
Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas,
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (Magna Cum Laude), 1979
Additional Graduate work in Chemistry
Baylor University, Department of Chemistry, Waco, Texas,
High Pressure Studies of Macromolecular Solutions – Supervising Professor Dr. Stig Claesson, former Chair of Nobel Selection Committee for Chemistry and Physics
Texas A&M University, Department of Chemistry, College Station,
Glass Transition Point Studies of Cross-linked Bisphenolacetone Copolymers – Supervising Professor Dr. C.A.J. Hoeve
- Pharmacy Law
- Sterile Preparations
- Pharmacy Compounding
- Basic and Clinical Pharmacokinetics
- Pharmacy Calculations
- Federal and State Pharmacy Law
- Preceptor Education
- International Comparative Pharmacy Education
Vega, J.A., Ochoa, P.S., Holder, P, “Chapter 1. Introduction to Parenteral Preparations.” In “Concepts in Parenteral Preparations and Aseptic Technique, 1-16. Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning, 2015. ISBN-13 #9781284035728
Scholar EM, Pratt WB. The Antimicrobial Drugs 2nd Ed. Oxford University Press, Oxford, England, 2000. Ann. Pharmacother 2001;35(4):509.
- Holder EP. 291.133 New Sterile Compounding Rules. Texas State Board of Pharmacy Newsletter (Fall 2007).
- Parker S, Herrington J, Holder P. Assessing piperacillin/tazobactam (Zosyn). Drug Util Rev 1999;15(12):S1-S3.
- Holder EP, Moore PT, Browne BA. Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs and necrotizing fasciitis--An update. Drug Safety, 1997;17:369-73 (invited publication).
- Browne BA, Holder EP, Rupnick L. No basis for associating nonprescription ibuprofen and similar agents with necrotizing fasciitis, Authors response. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 1996;53:2218-9.
- Browne BA, Holder EP, Rupnick L. NSAIDs and necrotizing fasciitis. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 1996;53:265-269.
United States Patents
- Edmondson JG and Holder EP. Inhibitor treatment program for chlorine dioxide corrosion. US Patent No. 4,994,195 (1991).
- Brown JM, Holder EP, and Sherwood SP. Method of controlling manganese deposition in open recirculating aqueous systems. US Patent No. 4,900,451 (1990).
- Holder EP, Klaessig FC, Peerce-Landers PJ, et.al. Method and compositions for penetrating and removing accumulated corrosion products and deposits from metal surfaces. US Patent No. 4,789,406 (1988).
Invited International Presentations
- Education and Training of Clinical Pharmacists in the United States. Presented to the Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore, Singapore (May 1998)
- Klinische Pharmazie in den Vereinigten Staaten (Clinical Pharmacy in the United States). Presented to the Wiener Krankenanstaltenverbundes at Allgemeines Krankenhaus, Vienna, Austria (July 1997)
- Klinische Apotheke Belehrung in den Vereinigten Staaten (Clinical Pharmacy Education in the United States). Presented to the Department of Pharmacology, Universität Wien (The University of Vienna), Vienna, Austria. (July 1997)
- Apoteken Praktizieren in den Vereinigten Staaten--Damals und Heute (Pharmacy Practice in the United States--Then and Now). Presented to the Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Universität Wien (The University of Vienna), Vienna, Austria. (July 1997)
- Re-engineering the Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Program. Presented with Paul Godley, Pharm.D., FASHP at the Fourth International Congress of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring and Clinical Toxicology, Vienna, Austria. (September 1995)
National Service and Pharmacy Recognition
- Item Writer, NABP Multi-State Jurisprudence Exam (MPJE) (2005 to 2014)
- Item Writer, NABP Pharmacy Licensing Exam (NAPLEX) (1997)
- Member, Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Task Force on Advanced Credentialing in Sterile Compounding (2015 - )
- Member, Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Thought Leaders for C.R.E.S.T. (Consumer Awareness, Resources, Education, State Policy, and Testing) Summit (2011)
Awards and Honors
- By Mandate of Pope Benedict XVI – Invested into the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem and awarded the title of Knight of the Holy Sepulchre, styled as Sir Paul Holder, KHS
- Fellow – Texas Society of Health-System Pharmacists (2015)
- Rho Chi Society (1989)
General Academic Honors
- Who’s Who in Medicine and Health Care, Inaugural Edition (1997-98)
- Who’s Who in the World (1996)
- Who’s Who in the South and Southwest (1995, 1997)
- Men of Achievement (1996)
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges (1979)
- International Youth in Achievement
- Community Leaders of America - Young Community Leadership Award
- Alpha Chi, Phi Theta Kappa, and Golden Key National Honor Society