John D. Bowman
Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
1010 W. Ave. B
Kingsville, Texas 78363
Education and Training
University of Alabama Hospitals
American Society of Health System Pharmacists Accredited Residency in Hospital Pharmacy, 1977
Master of Science in Hospital Pharmacy Administration, 1976
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, 1975
University of Alabama
Bachelor of Science in Biology, 1972
- Disease topics in pharmacotherapeutics
- Public health
- Therapeutic lifestyle changes
- Public health
- Placebo effects
- Horseman, M., and Bowman, J. Is Community-Acquired Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Coverage Needed for Cellulitis?, Infectious Diseases and Therapy (2013) 2:175-185
- Bowman, J., Kim, H. and Bustamante, J. Drug-Induced Gynecomastia, Pharmacotherapy (2012) 32(12):1123-1140
- Bowman, J. (2006, 2004) “Burn and Sunburn Products” The Non-Prescription Drug Handbook. 15th Ed; 14th Ed.; American Pharmaceutical Association.
- Bowman, J. (2006; 2004; 2002) Case study author, PharmPrep, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
- Bowman, J. (2005) “Current Prevention and Treatment of Cardiac Chest Pain and Heart Attacks,” America’s Pharmacist.
- Bowman, J. & Blum, B. (1999) “Tissue Adhesives for Growth Factor Drug Delivery.” Biomaterials Engineering and Devices: Human Applications, Humana Press, Inc.
Specialty Training and Board Certifications
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, 2000
National Service and Recognition
- Fellow, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, 2007
- Member of the Regional Health Awareness Board by Nueces County, San Patricio County and the City of Corpus Christi