Accommodation for Disability

The Texas A&M Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy complies with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 in its admission, accessibility, treatment and employment of students in its programs and activities. The college is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified students to the extent that such accommodations do not fundamentally alter the college’s courses or create an undue burden. As defined by law, the Rangel College of Pharmacy provides academic adjustments and auxiliary aids to students with handicapping conditions who are otherwise qualified to meet the institution’s academic requirements.

Any student, because of a disability, who may require special arrangements in order to meet course requirements, must first request an accommodation or accommodations from the appropriate office. Students accepted to the Kingsville campus of the Rangel College of Pharmacy request accommodations from the Texas A&M University-Kingsville Disability Resource Center, whereas students accepted to the College Station campus request accommodations from Disability Services at Texas A&M University in College Station. For more information about requesting an accommodation and required supporting documentation, Kingsville students should call 361.593.3024 or visit the Kingsville Disability Resource Center website. College Station students should call 979-845-1637 or visit the Texas A&M University Disability Services website.

Newly admitted students seeking accommodations should submit their accommodation request and supporting documentation (e.g., assessments, reports and/or letters from qualified evaluators, professionals or institutions) to the appropriate office at least three weeks prior to the first day of their first semester. Following a review of the request and supporting documentation by the Disability Resource Center or Disability Services, students meet with an access coordinator who discusses possible accommodations. The student should then meet with the associate dean for academic affairs to determine how the accommodations will be provided. This meeting may be in person or by video conference depending on the location of the student (i.e., Kingsville or College Station) and the timing of the request (the associate dean will periodically travel to the College Station campus).