skip to main content

The National Hispanic Health Foundation

General Information

The National Hispanic Health Foundation, affiliated with the Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, New York University, will award scholarships to full-time enrolled graduate students in dental, medical, nursing, pharmacy, policy, and public health schools, who exhibit exceptional academic performance, documented leadership activities, and a commitment to a healthcare career providing services to Hispanics in the US. The scholarships will be presented to awardees at the 15th Annual New York Scholarship Gala in New York City on Thursday, November 29th, 2018 or the 11th Annual California Scholarship Gala in Los Angeles on Thursday, December 13th, 2018.

To complete the online application and learn more about the scholarship, please visit the NHHF website at Applications must be received by close of business (5 pm ET) on Friday, October 5, 2018. Recipients will be notified by October 30, 2018.  

If you are unable to provide recommendations when filling out this application, please have them sent via mail or e-mail:


Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must:

  • Be enrolled in the Texas A&M Rangel College of Pharmacy as a full-time student.
  • Applicant for consideration to have leadership skills, professionalism, commitment to the school’s mission, and community outreach.
  • Preference given to a resident of Texas; however, an applicant who has displayed excellence in the ultimate goal may be an out-of-state student.


Submission Requirements

  1. Personal statement or essay, including career goals (double-spaced, two-page maximum)
  2. Current curriculum vitae (education, employment, extracurricular activities, awards)
  3. Letter of recommendation (one letter only)
  4. Unofficial copy of school transcripts.


NOTE: If it is your first year and you do not have a current transcript of upcoming classes, you need to provide an enrollment verification from your university to show you are accepted into health professional graduate schools in addition to past year’s transcript. The COP Office of Student Affairs can provide you this verification.

For more information please call the office at (202) 628-5895 or send an email to

Facebook Twitter RSS YouTube Instagram Flickr