Class of 2017 Graduation
Aggie Ring (by 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 10, 2017)
To purchase an Aggie Ring, visit The Association of Former Students website. Click “The Aggie Ring” tab at the top left of the webpage and then select “Order Your Ring!” at the bottom right of the box. Instructions for ordering the ring will follow. To receive a ring by April 7, 2017, log in or create an AggieNetwork.com account between Jan. 6 and Feb. 9, 2017 and place your order between Jan. 9 and Feb. 10, 2017. If uncertain of your ring size, visit the Texas A&M Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy Office of Student Affairs in Kingsville or The Association of Former Students in College Station to be sized. Questions about, or problems with, ordering an Aggie Ring? Contact The Association of Former Students (979.845.1050).
Graduation Application (By 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 17, 2017)
The graduation application opens on Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2017. Submit your application no later than 5 p.m. Feb. 17, 2017. You are strongly encouraged to complete your application as soon as possible and well before the Feb. 17 deadline.
Important information about the application:
- Apply online
- Click the “MyRecord” tab
- In the “Degree Evaluation” box, click on “Application for Graduation”
- Under “Curriculum Selection,” select the degree for which you are applying (i.e., Doctor of Pharmacy)
- Under “Select Graduation Date,” select the graduation date for which you are applying (i.e., Term: Spring 2017 – College Station)
- Under “Select Ceremony Attendance,” select that you plan to attend
- Verify the name that will appear on your diploma by clicking “Continue” under “Diploma Name Selection”
- If you want to change the name on your diploma, contact the Records Office (979.845.1003)
- Select a valid address where you may receive mail after graduation under “Current Diploma Mailing Address” and click “Continue”
- If the address is not available in the drop down, select “New”
- If you apply for graduation on time, and choose to attend the ceremony, you will receive your diploma at graduation
- To submit your application, click “Submit Request” under “Graduation Application Summary”
- If you do not click “Submit Request,” no record of your application will be saved, and you will be required to complete the entire process again
- In approximately 24 to 48 hours, you will see a $100 charge under your "MyFinances" tab in Howdy! Log on to Howdy! to view and pay
- If you have questions during the application process, contact the Degree Audit Help Desk, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (979.845.1089)
All graduation candidates:
- Click the “MyRecord” tab
- Must clear all HOLDS and meet all financial obligations before receiving a diploma.
- Will be contacted by the Rangel College of Pharmacy Office of Student Affairs to verify degree and hometown information. Degree and hometown information is included in the commencement program along with your name.
Renting Regalia (Tam (cap), Hood and Gown) (Midnight CST, Friday, March 31, 2017)
To rent regalia, visit the website for Graduate Affairs to place an order. Regalia orders should be placed no later than midnight (CST) on March 31, 2017. Your regalia will not be mailed to you, instead a representative from Graduate Affairs will distribute your regalia on the morning of Commencement (i.e., May 27, 2017).
After the ceremony, you return the gown and hood and you may keep the tam and tassel. The cost for renting regalia is $90.00 and a $25.00 late fee will be charged for orders placed after March 31.
Individuals are strongly encouraged to order their regalia well before the March 31 deadline. Doing so ensures individuals will not forget and will help them avoid the late fee.
Ordering Graduation Announcements (Monday, April 10, 2017)
Graduation announcements may be ordered from Signature Announcements.
While there is no deadline, it is recommended that announcement orders are placed no later than April 10, 2017. Doing so ensures they will be received in time to mail them to guests.
Benchmark IV Examination (Tuesday, May 9, 2017)
The Benchmark IV exam will be offered on the Kingsville and College Station campuses. Watch for an email from Dr. Fadi Alkhateeb that contains additional information about this required exam.
Law Review (Tuesday, May 16, 2017)
A law review is scheduled from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the Kingsville and College Station campuses. The Office of Academic Affairs will email additional information about this review at a later date.
Benchmark IV Make-up (Monday, May 22, 2017)
Information about the Benchmark IV make-up exam will be sent by Dr. Fadi Alkhateeb, director of assessment.
NAPLEX Review (Wednesday, May 24–Thursday, May 25, 2017)
Keep an eye out for emails about the NAPLEX review course offered by High-Yield MED Reviews. These emails will contain important information, including cost, location, hours, etc. For information about the topics covered during the review, please visit the High-Yield MED Reviews website.
Some of the advantages to participating in the review offered by High-Yield MED Reviews include:
- 100 percent money back guarantee that you will pass the NAPLEX.
- Nine months access to 1,800 NAPLEX practice test questions.
- A personal copy of the review course notebook.
Past attendees speak highly about this review and we encourage you to sign up. The review course is scheduled 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days in the Rangel College of Pharmacy, Room 132.
Commencement Day Information (Friday, May 26, 2017)
A required information session to describe Commencement Day activities is scheduled from 8 to 9:30 a.m. in room 132 of the College of Pharmacy Building. A packet containing information about commencement, including seating arrangements, will be provided when you arrive. Additional information about commencement will be sent in an email from the Office of Student Affairs in late April, 2017.
Health Science Reasoning Exam (Friday, May 26, 2017)
The Health Science Reasoning Exam is scheduled from 10 to 11:30 a.m. in rooms 115 and 116 of the Rangel College of Pharmacy. This exam tests your critical thinking skills and does not count towards a course grade. If you have any questions about this exam, contact the Office of Academic Affairs.
Faculty Adviser Luncheon (Friday, May 26, 2017)
Plan to join your faculty adviser for lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Additional information about the luncheon will be sent via email from the Office of Academic Affairs.
Exit Interviews (Friday, May 26, 2017)
Exit Interviews are scheduled from 1 to 3 p.m. in various rooms throughout the Rangel College of Pharmacy. Additional details will be sent in an email from the Office of Academic Affairs.
Loan Repayment Information Session (Friday, May 26, 2017)
A loan repayment information session is scheduled from 3:15 to 4:45 p.m. in room 132 of the Rangel College of Pharmacy. Plan to attend to learn about how to repay your student loans.
Awards Banquet (Friday, May 26, 2017)
The College Awards Banquet has been tentatively scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. in the Grand Ballrooms of the Memorial Student Union Building. Additional information about the banquet will be sent via email from the Office of the Dean.
Commencement (Saturday, May 27, 2017)
An email with important information about commencement will be sent by the Office of Student Affairs in late April, 2017. Included in this email will be information about when and where you can have your photograph taken and other important information about the ceremony.