Mission & Vision
Texas A&M University Health Science Center
Vision: Our university is a premier assembly of colleges devoted to educating health professionals and researchers of extraordinary competence and integrity. Our faculty, staff and students are united by a belief that all people, regardless of geography, economics or culture, deserve the benefits of compassionate care, superior science and exceptional health education.
Mission: In all we do, we dedicate the full measure of our resources and abilities to advancing the knowledge and technologies of our professions, and to bringing Texans the finest in health education, promotion and care. Because of our work, people’s lives are changed — across our state, around the nation and throughout the world.
Texas A&M Irma Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy
Vision: Be a leader in pharmacy education, research, scholarship and outreach.
Mission: The mission of the Rangel College of Pharmacy is to provide a comprehensive pharmacy education in a stimulating, learning-intensive, student-centered environment to prepare a diverse student body for the practice of pharmacy as competent, caring, ethical professionals dedicated to the provision of optimal pharmaceutical care through a balanced program of education, research and service.
As a state supported institution, the college has an obligation to enhance the quality of life of its constituents by utilizing its experts to expand the knowledge of pharmacy and pharmacotherapy. The college values excellence in teaching, research and scholarship, drug therapy management, and public service. In order to achieve this mission, the college will strive to do the following:
- Apply innovative and proven educational strategies to produce pharmacists who possess the knowledge and skills required to serve their patients in an ethical and professional manner;
- Conduct competitive basic, clinical, social and administrative science research that translates into improved pharmacy education, pharmaceutical research, pharmaceutical care and public policy;
- Foster research and service programs to discover and apply new knowledge;
- Produce quality graduates, highly competent in dealing with the daily demands, challenges and rewards of contemporary pharmacy practice and well prepared to move forward with confidence, innovation and professionalism;
- Disseminate information about medication use and misuse to the community;
- Serve as a catalyst to advance the practice of pharmacy in South Texas.