Indra K. Reddy, Ph.D.
and Founding Dean
1010 W. Avenue B., MSC 131
Kingsville, Texas 78363
Phone: (361) 221-0602
Fax: (361) 221-0790
Education and Post-Graduate Training
Post-doctoral fellowship, Center for Drug Design and Delivery, University of Florida (1990)
Ph.D., Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida (1989)
M.S., Pharmacy, Pharmaceutics, Dr. Harisingh Gour University, India (1984)
B.S., Pharmacy, Kakatiya University College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, India (1981)
- Ocular and Targeted Drug Delivery
- Novel Drug Delivery Systems
- Drug Design and Development
- Rheumatology and Autoimmune Diseases
- Pharmaceutical Care
- Design of novel ocular drugs and delivery systems
- Development, preformulation, and evaluation of controlled, targeted and site-specific chemical delivery systems
- Development of cell culture models as alternatives to animal testing
- Active, student-centered learning strategies and the assessment of learning outcomes
Reddy, I.K. and Mehvar, R. Eds. (2004), Chirality in Drug Design and Development, Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York.
Reddy, I.K. and Khan, M.A. (2003), Essential Math and Calculations for Pharmacy Technicians, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida.
Goskonda, V.R., Ghandehari, H. and Reddy, I.K. (2001) “Novel Site-Specific Chemical Delivery System as a Potential Mydriatic Agent: Formation of Phenylephrine in the Iris-Ciliary Body From Phenylephrone CDS." Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 90(1):12-22.
Reddy, I.K. (2001) “Implementation of a Pharmaceutics Course in a Large Class Through Active
Learning using Quick-Thinks and Case-Based Learning.” The American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 64(4):348-355.
Kommuru, T.R., Khan, M.A. and Reddy, I.K. (1999) “Effect of Chiral Enhancers on the Permeability of Optically Active and Racemic Metoprolol across Hairless Mouse Skin.” Chirality. 11(7):536-40.
Specialty Training/Board Certifications
Management Development Program, Harvard Institutes for Higher Education (2005)
- Chair, Awards Committee, Formulations and Drug Delivery (FDD) Section, American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS), 2008-2009
- Member, Nominations Committee, AACP Council of Deans (COD), American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP), 2008-2009
- Co-Chair, Task Force on Graduate Education in Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutics and Drug Delivery (PDD) Section, AAPS, 2004-2005